Downloading and Setting Up Virtual Backgrounds on Cisco Webex
As we continue to hold many classes online, we wanted to give everyone customized Hallmark University virtual backgrounds for classes and meetings held on Cisco Webex!
Cisco WebEx allows the user to enable a virtual background while in a meeting. This How-To will give you step-by-step instructions on how to set your Hallmark provided virtual background.
*The background can only be enabled if you have your video camera turned on.
- Right click on the image to expand the menu
- Select Save Image As to download the desired background
- Once the File Explorer window opens, select Documents in the left menu to save them in your Documents folder. Then click Save.
- Once in the meeting, click on the three horizontal dots on the
bottom of the screen.
- Select Speaker, microphone, and camera in the expanded menu
- Once the menu opens, scroll to the bottom, and click on the down arrow to expand the change virtual background section. Then click on the box.
- In the File Explorer window, locate the saved background file and click Open.
- *If you did not save the background(s) in the Documents folder, you will not see it in the File Explorer window.
- The background will appear in the preview section; verify the desired background is showing in the preview and click Apply.
- *If the background is mirrored/backwards, click on the Mirror button (blue arrow) located in the top right-hand corner of the preview section to correct this issue. Then click Apply. You may exit out of the Speaker, microphone, and camera window and return to your meeting.
If you are experiencing any technical difficulties, please contact Hallmark University Helpdesk at Helpdesk@HallmarkUniversity.edu or call 210-969-7521.